Some good.NET Interview questions
- What are the core concepts of OOPs?
- What is Encapsulation?
- Types of Polymorphism
- Diff between association and aggregation
- Can you make a Pure Virtual function static?
- How to hide the base class functionality in the inherited class?
- Can a non-static class have static constructor? If yes then can it be parameterized?
.Net Windows Apps
- What is CTS?
- What is Validation summary in .Net?
- Events are Methods (T/F)? Do events have return data types?
- What is ORM?
- What is a delegate or what is it used for?
- What is a Shared assembly? Where is it placed?
- What is boxing or unboxing?
- How is exception handling done in .Net?
- What are optional parameters?
.Net Web Apps
- What is a cookie / session? Which is used when?
- What is a master page?
- Can I have multiple web.config files in an application?
- What is Enum? What will be the 1st value of the enum member?
- What is the isPostback property?
- What is a .css file? How will you write an inline style sheet?
- In which assembly is MVC framework defined?
- What is the file extension of Razor views in MVC?
- What is the role of a controller in MVC?
.Net Web Services
- What is difference between WCF services and web services
- What is full form of REST?
SQL Server & SSRS
- What is DML? Give types of DML commands?
- Can I have multiple columns in a Primary key? ( T/F) Can I have multiple primary keys?
- If I have Boolean values to store what will be the datatype of the field?
- Difference between TRUNCATE and DELETE?
- What is the use of GROUP BY clause?
In a Employee table you have following:
EmpName, EmpAge, DeptName, Salary
How will you perform the following?
- Count the number of departments
- Display the name of highest paid employee(s) in each Department
Consider another table: Department ( DeptName, Location)
- Increase salary of all the employees in Mumbai by 5%
- What is a View?
- What is use of SQL Profiler?
- What is a shared datasource in rdl file?
- What is AJAX?
- What is jQuery?
- What is meaning of #btnNew in jQuery?
Silverlight / CRM / Sharepoint
- What is XAML?
- Which .js file do you include for Silverlight applications?
TS / Design Patterns
- What are Source control tools?
- How do you see the change done by you on a file?
Testing / Deployment concepts
- Where is the bin folder created when you compile an application?
- If you have to do Unit testing what type of thing will you check?
Which testing tools are you aware of? Which testing frameworks have you worked on?
- What is advantage of DNN?
- Which version of .Net has DNN compatibility with?
- What is MVVM?
- Differentiate between MVC and MVVM
Stay tuned for answers. Happy programming!
Categories: Interview .NET